Skip Navigation



이 콘텐츠를 보려면 Flash Player(무료)가 필요합니다.

Introduction : The beautiful town of Gaya's culture,history,and tradition - Goryeong


Ugok-Myeon

Ugok-myeon(牛谷面)

Ugok-Myeon

One of 8 myeon in Goryeong-gun. Originally, it was Hami-myeon(下彌面), Goryeong-gun which managed 11 dongri; Dojin(挑津), Sabu(沙鳧), Jeodong(楮洞), Daegok(大谷), Ara(阿羅), Woro(月塢), Yeondong(蓮洞), Asan(阿山), Podong(扶洞), Budong(釜洞), and Sadeung(沙嶝); but after rearranging the gunmyeon in 1941, it merged 5 dongri of Uchon-myeon(牛村面); Sachon(沙村), Hwangseong(黃城), Yajeong(野亭), Agok(阿谷), and Sokdong(涑洞); 4 dongri of former Dapgong-myeon(沓谷面), Hyeonpung-gun(玄風郡); Joji(鳥枝), Dapgok(沓谷), Huigok(希谷), and Agok(阿谷); and 3 dongri of Wangji-myeon(旺旨面); Podong(浦洞), Hudong(後洞), and Gaekji(客基). It’s named Ugok-myeon after Uchon and Dapgok and is controlling 13 dongri; Dojin, Yegok, Dapgok, Joji, Podong, Gaekji, Yeondong, Woro, Daegok, Sajeon, Yajeon, Sokdong, and Sachon.

There’s Guji-myeon, Dalseong-gun across the Nakdong-gang on the east, Guji-myeon, Dalseong-gun, Ibang-myeon and Deokgok-myeon, Hapcheon-gun of Gyeongsangnam-do on the south, Goryeong-eup, Ssangnim-myeon, Goryeong-gun on the west and Gaejin-myeon on the north. On February 15, 1983, Joji-dong was renamed as Bongsan-dong(鳳山洞) and dong was changed to ri in May 1, 1988.

Content Inquiries
Pyo Yong-soo [City History Compilation Committee Tel :051-888-3467]
Last Modified
December 11, 2009
  • Print
  • top