Skip Navigation



이 콘텐츠를 보려면 Flash Player(무료)가 필요합니다.

Introduction : The beautiful town of Gaya's culture,history,and tradition - Goryeong


Deokgok-Myeon

Deokgok-myeon(德谷面)

Deokgok-Myeon

Deokgok-myeon is one of 8 eup in Goryeong-gun which was originally Seongju-gun(星州郡) but as mountainous area, it was called Akgong-myeon(岳谷面) but during the King Injo in Joseon period, Yunhwi(尹暉) was changed to Deokgok(德谷) and controlled 15 dongri, such as Sinyul(新栗), Gidong(奇童), Garyun(伽倫), Daegam(大監), Oro(五老), Simeo(尋漁), Myeonggok(明曲), Baekdong(白洞), Posang(浦上), Seongdong(聖洞), Dalli(達里), Danggye(唐溪), Gwangcheon(廣川), Singi(新基), and Yangji(陽地). During the 10 year of Gwangmu by King Gojong (1906), it was incorporated with Goryeong-gun and then according to the rearranging the gunmyeon in 1941, it merged with Jisa-dong(只士洞), Huam-dong(後岩洞) in Gwangdong-myeon(館洞面) and 13 dong in former Ingong-myeon, Seongju-gun 州郡 仁谷面), such as Banseong, Yangsan(良山), Daehyeong(大荊), Manha(晩霞), Bonri(本里), Jeonsang(田相), Okgye(玉溪), Mureung(武陵), Yedong, Jungheung, Yongheung, Jangam, and Ori and then renamed as Deokgok-myeon and was controlling 11 dong; Banseong(般城), Bonri(本里), Okgye(玉溪), Yedong(禮洞), Yongheung(龍興), Garyun(伽倫), Wonsong(元松), Nodong(老洞), Baekdong(白洞), Seongdong(聖洞), and Huam(後岩). In January 10, 1983, Seongdong(聖洞) 1 and 2 dong was incorporated into Suryun-myeon(修倫面), Seongju-gun and dong was changed to ri on May 1, 1988. There’s Unsu-myeon on the east, Goryeong-eup and Yaro-myeon, Hapcheon-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do on the south, Yaro-myeon, Gaya-myeon, Hapcheon-gu and Suryun-myeon, Seongju-gun on the west and Suryun-myeon, Seongju-gun on the north.

Content Inquiries
Pyo Yong-soo [City History Compilation Committee Tel :051-888-3467]
Last Modified
December 11, 2009
  • Print
  • top