The county flag of Goryeong-gun
- Description of flag
- A length and width proportion of the flag is 3:2 and the standard length should be 120 cm long and 80 cm width.
- The background of flag is white, and the color of the mark is blue and green and the writing is on grey.
- The production of flag is embroidery and then put on gold thread.
- Flag can be reduced or enlarged in a similar color and same proportion depending on the needy.
A symbol of Goryeong-gun
- Meaning of color
- The blue on the top is future, hope and creation
- The green on the bottom is plenty, stability and development
A meaning of style
- The ellipse on the background
- Represents a progress spirit of all harmonized citizens in Goryeong toward hopeful future
- Blue on the top
- Represents clean and comfortable environmental space
- Green in the middle
- Represents a strong commitment of Goryeong people, who doesn't identify the restoration of national prestige around Nakdong River and Goryeong, and continue to develop and change toward the future of the world
- Green on the bottom
- Represents a productive land
- Hatch Part
- Represents the innocence of Goryeong people who want to respect and inheritage the spirit of Daegaya (Gayageum:a twelve-stringed korean harp)
- White part in the middle
- Represents beautiful mountain and road network, which is the drive force of Jisandong old tomb and industrial development
- Blue: symbol of sky and vision
- Green: symbol of nature and clean area
- Yellow: symbol of the energy of earth and sun
- Graphic Motive
- symbol of outreaching positive power
- symbol of promise toward the future of 1 eup and 7 Myeon
- Emphasize rhythmical and vital nuance: challenging and futuristic
- Internally: power of unity toward a must reach goal
- Externally: Must go place, Goryeong
- Symbolic meaning
- In Hangul it's "Let's go Goryeong" and used chinese character 'ji', which means land to represent the center of 6 gaya and internally, it means power of unity toward a must reach goal and externally, it means it's a must go place.
Characters of County
- Selected a character, which brings up the image of Gaya old tomb, crown, and gayageum, and named it 'Gaya' And added "Doli', which means cute and wise
Bird of Country
- Comes with the group of Egret in March and hatch youngs.
- White, the symbol of pure people, brown, the fertilized land, and ocher, the raw material of Gaya earthenware, combines well and the unity with Heron represents the symbol of neighbors and harmony.
Flower of County
- An old area with many hills are colonized by azalea
- The dark and clear color symbolize the burning local patriotism of the county people and warm human touch and at same time it symbolize the spirit of ancestors.
Tree of country
- There is a story of Mastro Uruk made Gayageum by Paulownia from the riverside so this tree is remembered as holy tree. This tree is now utilized as material for high-end furniture and is evenly distributed in Goryeong area.
Goryeong, the capital of Daegaya, is a proud district, which has built brilliant culture by filling the clean water with green energy of Mt. Gaya's chain mountains and restoration of water
The ceaselessly connected melody of Uruk, a long time high integrity and the wisdom of ancestor that have overcome the national crisis is our strength.
We look at the wisdom of the predecessors who planted seeds on the oily fields and who were helping each other with love, and look back our attitude for prosperity and peace for tomorrow.
- We remember the tradition of Daegaya culture with proud and develop wonderful folk culture.
- We put faith and public good in front and respect property and orders and lifts the spirit of calm patriotism
- We work sincerely and diligently and create new value and achieve rich home.